Numbers Don't Lie

Sunday, February 19, 2006

World's worst savers

Here it goes again - according to the most-recent ACNeilson survey, American's are the absolute worst savers among all developed countries (42 countries included, and Portugal follows at a close second).
Almost 1/4 of our nation lives paycheck to paycheck, and if they do have any left over, you can bet it doesn't go into a savings account. And just to put this number in perspective, only 3% of the population in Thailand are incapable of saving.
We are up to our eyeballs in debt. The average American has approx. $8,000 in credit card debt, not to mention other loans.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

saving is a real problem. years ago you had to have 3 month's mtg pmy left over before buying a house...now, bring your last paycheck

11:20 AM

 
Blogger starbender said...

"I owe, I owe, It's Off 2 Work I Go!"
:)

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Canute said...

This is a fasinating site. I never knew I was interested in numbers at all. I'm terrible at math and I do mean terrible but I find this information irresistable for some reason.

Corporations have brought about policies that make the money flow from the people to them so their profits are going through the roof while the masses of people are getting poorer and poorer.

My congressman told me that credit card companies make so much money he couldn't do anything about usury if he wanted to.

Its to the point now that there is no opportunity for people on the bottom. You may as well live in China because of what has happened to the USA. Nobody is able to save money any more and wages have been stagnant for generations.

7:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$8000...damn!

6:27 PM

 
Blogger Robert M Knight said...

Great post. So true. If only all Americans would and could wake up to the fact that we are a nation of debtors at thsi time.

5:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home