Numbers Don't Lie

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Who cares about moral suitability ?

1) according to a recently news, romance novels for women get frankly more sexual. In those books, there doesn't need to be that period of wooing, the developing of emotions, like those in mother's romance novels. If the heroine sees a guy she wants to sleep with, she's just going to go after him. Since the US's major bookstore Borders began carrying women's erotica in summer 2004, growth has been more than 10%, higher than any other genre of books.
2) when asked, "in your opinion, has the use of profanity in the workplace increased over the last five years?" 54% of 40,000 professinal women said Yes, 29% said No, 17% unsure. (source: WorldWIT Inc., Boulder, Colo.)
3) there's a trend toward ratings creep in the movie industry. Movies used to be rated PG-13 few years ago are now rated PG.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacking Latin said...

I've definately observed this efffect in more than one film. I just wanted to let you know I've been reading this blog foroveramonth now,andI've read every post,going back to the beggining to get it all. your in my google toolbar.

.Timothy

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Blue Panther said...

Nice blog...nice information you have here..:)

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Clarence Jr. said...

Hey, I echo lackinglatin's comments. I think this is a great site and I just started bloggin and yours is the first I have bookmarked (well besides my girlfriend's).

I just read the first four posts and think I am in a strange similar blog world as you though not with numbers just yet. Some of my favorite movies are: Cube, Pi, and Primer.

Keep up the good work.

Clarence

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Clarence Jr. said...

Hey, I echo lackinglatin's comments. I think this is a great site and I just started bloggin and yours is the first I have bookmarked (well besides my girlfriend's).

I just read the first four posts and think I am in a strange similar blog world as you though not with numbers just yet. Some of my favorite movies are: Cube, Pi, and Primer.

Keep up the good work.

Clarence

11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home