Numbers Don't Lie

Friday, January 19, 2007

Do homosexual marriages last longer ?

There will always be battles during heterosexual marriages between the sexes because men and women want different things. According to one study, over 40-year span, the divorce rate for heterosexual couples in their 1st marriages is 67%.
Guess what is the divorce rate of homosexual marriages ?
In theory (and many studies have showed), gay/lesbians couples should understand their partners' bodies and biases with a certainty, resulting relationships less mired in deception and friction. However, it turned out that the break-up rate for homosexuals, over a 40-year span, is grim 64%, and gay men are far more likely to split than lesbians.
Well..., we are all Homo sapiens.
Source: Psychology Today, Jan/Feb, 2007.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Well I don't know to many people that have been maried over 40 years. Of the people that I do know closely right now it's 10 couples still married 2 divorced. But not many of these have made 40 years yet. (Some have)

I think what skews the statistics are the people that continually get married. I know one guy that has gotten married 5 times. It was the first time for four of the five women.

So I wonder if the 67% means a first marrage for the man AND the woman. Or should I say spouse 1 and spouse 2.

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Life Records said...

Hi Mike,
for heterosexual marriages, this stat say only 37% of them can last 40 years.

Thanks.

5:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all people regardless of our gender... relationships are hard no matter who our partner is, right?
My parents have been married over 40 years, so have my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles... although I do have one uncle that has been married 6 times and has 9 kids altogether!

10:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home