Numbers Don't Lie

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I couldn’t help it baby, it’s in my genes

There may be a genetic component to infidelity, says a professor at the Twin Research Unit at St. Thomas’ Hospital, London. This is based on the fact that if one twin exhibits infidelity, the other twin strays 55% of the time. In the general population, the number is 23%. The tendency to remain faithful is a component of personality, the scientist elaborates, which is governed both by a number of genes and societal factors.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're basing this on 5%? sounds weak if you ask me. However, I do believe that everyone has the inherent tendency to commit adultery... ...I think some call that total depravity of the human. thanks for your blog.

9:59 AM

 
Blogger Debbie Y. said...

If my husband strayed, it wouldn't be a question of whether "IT" was in his "genes", because I would cut "IT" off and it would no longer be in his "jeans" to stray around with.

Infidelity is a crock. If you really love someone you would never stray.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Sicilian said...

I tend to agree it may be genetic cause in my X's family there were a line of straying men. Then of course the X strayed more than once. I should have used dcy's advice and done the Lorena Bobbit thing. It would no longer be a problem.

10:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home