Numbers Don't Lie

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Should I have my surgery done in the morning or afternoon ?

Earlier surgery, better recovery.
Analysis of more that 90,000 surgeries performed at Duke University Medical Center from May 2000 to August 2004 showed anesthesia-related problems such as postoperative nausea and inadequate pain relief occurred more than 4 times as often at 4 pm - affecting about 1 in 25 patients - as at 9 am. Staff fatigue, shift changes, and the same afternoon slump in caregivers' body rhythms that affects other people could be among the many causes.
The same thing can be said for most of things we do. Don't you say ?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

I have afternoon slump all day long ;) .

4:31 AM

 
Blogger Sicilian said...

I work at a hospital. . . everyone is fresh in the morning. . . I would choose a.m. surgery if given a choice.
Ciao

12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home